st: Standardised age-sex adjusted prevalence rates

From   Jeanne Sears <>
Subject   st: Standardised age-sex adjusted prevalence rates
Date   Thu, 08 Apr 2010 14:30:50 -0700

Have you looked at -help dstdize- ?

Jeanne Sears, PhD, MS, RN
Research Scientist
Department of Health Services &
Center for Healthcare Improvement for Addictions, Mental Illness
and Medically Vulnerable Populations (CHAMMP)
University of Washington
Box 354809
Seattle, WA 98195

Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 10:27:22 +0100
From: Miranda Kim <>
Subject: st: Standardised age-sex adjusted prevalence rates

In Stata 11, I would like to calculate age-sex-adjusted prevalence rates of a disease for cohorts from different countries that are standardised to a “standard population” which consists of all country cohorts put together.
At present my data is structured as follows
Variables (in columns): serial, age category, sex, disease(yes/no), country code So each line corresponds to a distinct participant in a cohort identified by the country code. At the moment I am looking at the stset and stsplit commands, but any advice on the most appropriate commands or helpful references for this would be much appreciated.
Many thanks,