RE: st: AW: confidence interval of a ratio of coefficients

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   RE: st: AW: confidence interval of a ratio of coefficients
Date   Thu, 8 Apr 2010 21:52:37 +0200

<>

Steve,

are you following your own script with this code, or is it necessary for
Shehzad to obtain a correct answer?

HTH
Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
[mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of Steve Samuels
Sent: Donnerstag, 8. April 2010 21:40
To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject: Re: st: AW: confidence interval of a ratio of coefficients

Here are some details.  It's necessary to operate on the log of the
absolute value of the ratio and attach the sign afterwards:

*************
sysuse auto, clear
logit foreign rep78 price weight
local sgn = sign(_b[price]/_b[weight])

nlcom _b[price]/_b[weight]  //ratio
nlcom log(abs( _b[price]/_b[weight]))  //log ratio
return list
local lratio = el(r(b),1,1)
local ratio = `sgn'*exp(`lratio')
local bound = invnormal(1-.05/2)*sqrt(el(r(V),1,1))
local llim = exp(`lratio' -`bound')
local ulim = exp(`lratio' + `bound')
di "ratio =  " `ratio'   " llimit = " `llim'  "  ulimit = " `ulim'