Re: st: Egen for logit regression

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Egen for logit regression
Date   Wed, 7 Apr 2010 08:35:30 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Wed, 7/4/10, muhammed abdul khalid wrote:
> my assumption is that both parents dies, and thus i suspect
> that the unexplained premium attached to ethnic1 is due to the
> inheritance. I run another regression for those without wealth
> and find that those premium disappears.

If this means that you ran a regression separtaly for those with
and without wealth when they were 20 years old, then that sounds
to me like controlling for "taking over the family business/farm"
rather than "inheritence", as at age 20 the parents are likely
to still be alive. Again, this sounds like an intervening
process, so you probably should _not_ control for it if you
are interested in the effect of race.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie