RE: st: Egen for logit regression

From   Maarten buis <>
To   stata list <>
Subject   RE: st: Egen for logit regression
Date   Wed, 7 Apr 2010 05:52:47 -0700 (PDT)

--- muhammed abdul khalid wrote:
> I have a question regarding my logit regression:
> logit wealth lgearnings i.ethnic  i.strata  i.occupation age

-logit- is for binary data, while a variable like wealth is typically
not binary. Why did you choose -logit-?

> How do i take into account that the effect on wealth  because some ethnic
> group has more PREVIOUS wealth vs the others? My data is panel data of
> only one year, so i cant compare with the previous years. I would like
> to check the the premium on ethnicity IF everyone starts with same
> wealth. Currently in my data , of which the age starts at 20, there is
> positive wealth for ome obs (which i suspect due to inheritance).

Maybe you can look at change in wealth rather than wealth per se.

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen