st: Standardised age-sex adjusted prevalence rates

From   Miranda Kim <>
Subject   st: Standardised age-sex adjusted prevalence rates
Date   Wed, 07 Apr 2010 10:27:22 +0100

In Stata 11, I would like to calculate age-sex-adjusted prevalence rates of a disease for cohorts from different countries that are standardised to a “standard population” which consists of all country cohorts put together.
At present my data is structured as follows
Variables (in columns): serial, age category, sex, disease(yes/no), country code So each line corresponds to a distinct participant in a cohort identified by the country code. At the moment I am looking at the stset and stsplit commands, but any advice on the most appropriate commands or helpful references for this would be much appreciated.
Many thanks,