Re: st: RE: RE: RE: Undocumented limitation of describe (and hence -ds-) in Stata 10?

From   "Michael I. Lichter" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: RE: RE: Undocumented limitation of describe (and hence -ds-) in Stata 10?
Date   Tue, 06 Apr 2010 17:23:12 -0400

Martin,

Thanks for the  reference to  [U] 18.3.4.

Also, you asked:
BTW, where is the supposed place where r-results are treated like -local-
-macro-s?
My answer is: (a) when r-results are declared as local macros, before they are returned, and (b) when r-results are dereferenced as if they were local macros; e.g., in

local x "`r(varlist)'"

I understand that single quotes are not simply local macro dereference operators, but it certainly looks like that's their function in the command line. Other than local macro, what can you dereference in this way?

Michael