st: RE: Multinomial logistic regression with cross-classified data structure

From   "Lachenbruch, Peter" <Peter.Lachenbruch@oregonstate.edu>
Subject   st: RE: Multinomial logistic regression with cross-classified data structure
Date   Mon, 5 Apr 2010 08:50:35 -0700

Help  mlogit

Tony

Peter A. Lachenbruch
Department of Public Health
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR 97330
Phone: 541-737-3832
FAX: 541-737-4001

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu [mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of Vivien W. Chen
Sent: Sunday, April 04, 2010 7:59 PM
To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject: st: Multinomial logistic regression with cross-classified data structure

Dear all,

I want to fit a multinomial logistic regression model in Stata. The
dependent variable is a categorical variable that indicates 4
occupations. The control covariates include factors of individual
backgrounds, workplace features and characteristics of residential
neighborhood. The selection among these 4 occupations might be related
to workplace and neighborhood simultaneously. So I consider to fit a
multinomial logistic cross-classified model. Could I fit this kind of
model in Stata? If yet, what syntax would you suggest? Any idea will
be deeply appreciated. Thanks!

Best,
Vivien Chen