st: R: Power Analysis

From   "Carlo Lazzaro" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: R: Power Analysis
Date   Sun, 4 Apr 2010 13:06:07 +0200

Dear Agge,
in the light of the details you provide the list with, unless you intend to
perform a two-sample comparison of proportions (ie, how many articles
deserved to be mentioned out of the overall number of articles submitted for
possible publication in the sample #1 and #2, respectively), your problem
seems more a matter of logistic regression  (please, see -help logit- in
Stata 9.2/SE)than power analysis.

However, should power analysis be the focus of your reserch, please take a
look at -help sampsi- in Stata 9.2/SE.

For more details about this issues, I would refer to:
Long JS, Freese J. Regression Models for Categorical Dependent Variables
Using Stata. 2nd Ed. College Station, TX: Stata Press, 2006;

HTH and Kind Regards,
-----Messaggio originale-----
[] Per conto di Aggie Chidlow
Inviato: sabato 3 aprile 2010 22.39
Oggetto: st: Power Analysis

I am working on a paper where I am investigating if  researchers that
published papers  between 2000 - 2008 with mail survey data in 4 top
rated journals in economics report a certain framework (measured as 0
= mentioned ; 1 = not mentioned).

Can somebody advise me on how to undertake a power analysis for this,
Many thanks in advance.