Re: st: using varlist wildcards in anova

From   Phil Schumm <>
Subject   Re: st: using varlist wildcards in anova
Date   Sat, 3 Apr 2010 18:25:29 -0500

On Apr 3, 2010, at 5:45 PM, Vineet Bhagwat wrote:
Which is weird, because on my computer's Stata, "reg y t* " and any other command using the asterisk works fine, just -anova- that seems to throw the error for some reason. I'm using Stata9 on my computer if that clarifies anything.

Well, at least that narrows it down. I no longer have a version of Stata 9 on my machine, so I can't look at this issue further. Perhaps someone with Stata 9 still available (or a better memory of -anova- under version 9) might be able to add something.

One workaround would be the following (IIRC, -unab- predated Stata 9):

    unab t: t*
    anova y `t'

though upgrading, if possible, would clearly be preferable.

-- Phil