st: using varlist wildcards in anova

From   Vineet Bhagwat <>
Subject   st: using varlist wildcards in anova
Date   Sat, 3 Apr 2010 16:27:07 -0400

I wish to run the anova command but without typing out the names of
all the variables in the model.  For example instead of:

"anova y t1992 t1993 t1994 t1995"

I want to do

"anova y t* "

but it seems I can't use the asterix wildcard with the anova command
because I get the error: "x ambiguous abbreviation".  Does anyone know
of a workaround to use with anova or is the only solution to write out
all the variable names?

Since my t variables are all dummy variables for the 'year' variable
in my dataset, I also tried using xi by doing:

"xi: anova y i.year"

but I get the following error:
i.year            _Iyear_1992-2008    (naturally coded; _Iyear_1992 omitted)
_Iyear_ ambiguous abbreviation

thanks in advance,