st: test for equivalence of coefficient in quantile regression

From   Prabhat <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: test for equivalence of coefficient in quantile regression
Date   Fri, 2 Apr 2010 21:55:21 +0900

Dear STATAlist members,

I am running a quantile regression model and have found many of the
variables significant over all the 5 quantiles of interest.
Next, I am trying to test for the equivalence of coefficients across
quantiles. I ran Wald test using 'test' command and now,  except one,
none of the set of parameters are showing F value less than 0.10 .

I am using following command after sqreg,

test [q10=q25=q50=q75=q90] : avg_temp

Does it mean that estimated coefficients with quantile regression are
not significantly different, so the results are not vaild?
Are there other efficient tests for testing the  equivalence of coefficient?

Thanks.

Regards,
Prabhat Barnwal
Japan