Re: st: Generating a binary variable

From   elauren1 <elauren1@hotmail.com>
Subject   Re: st: Generating a binary variable
Date   Fri, 2 Apr 2010 00:08:36 -0400

seperate it to two diff commands and use 'replace'.
also on second line, you should use ecolbs==0
(note the double =)

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 1, 2010, at 11:54 PM, Nik Pineider <nikpin@yahoo.com> wrote:

I'm having trouble getting this to generate. gen ecobuy = 1 if ecolbs > 0 & ecobuy = 0 if ecolbs = 0. What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks for the help.