RE: st: RE: RE: RE: LARS ado??

From   "Ploutz-Snyder, Robert (JSC-SK)[USRA]" <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: RE: RE: LARS ado??
Date   Thu, 1 Apr 2010 10:58:38 -0500

Peter--
Great info--thanks much for forwarding.

For now I guess R is the solution, but my hope is that Stata will consider writing LASSO or LARS routines, since they have already gained momentum among the biostatistics/biometrics communities, and the horizon points to more advances here.

Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Lachenbruch, Peter
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2010 10:10 AM
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: RE: st: RE: RE: RE: LARS ado??

I wrote Trevor Hastie and he responded as follows:

Hi Tony

There is the glmpath package in R that is available, as well
as the newer glmnet package.
The latter is very fast, and the next version due for release soon has Poisson and Cox included.

best
Trevor

So the answer is that if you want LASSO or LARS for logistic you need to visit R.

Tony

Peter A. Lachenbruch
Department of Public Health
Oregon State University