Re: st: AW: dropped groups in xtlogit fixed effects

From   rdae20@bath.ac.uk
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: AW: dropped groups in xtlogit fixed effects
Date   Thu, 01 Apr 2010 15:04:45 +0100

I have data that covers 30 years and 90 countries.

For about half of those countries the LHS variable is 1 just once, for about a quarter it is once more than once and for the rest it is zero for the whole period. The RHS variables all vary significantly within and across countries.

Within country variation is low for the LHS, but not the RHS, what would you recommend? I am willing to sacrifice the 25% of data (is always equal to zero) for better results.

Many thanks,
Richard