st: RE: ratio function

From   "Eirik Egeland Nerheim" <Eirik.Nerheim@stud.nhh.no>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: RE: ratio function
Date   Thu, 1 Apr 2010 14:12:12 +0200

You might be looking for something like this:
http://kb.iu.edu/data/atuo.html

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
[mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of Roman Kasal
Sent: 1. april 2010 13:58
To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject: st: ratio function

dear Sir/Madam

How to come around command like this?

svy: mean(columnA)/mean(columnB)

I would like to estimate ratio of means and its standard error. How is
it possible with STATA?
It is strange that function "ratio" takes into account just pairs....but
why when "ratio" divides whole mean(columnA)/mean(columnB)? Why the
function ignores missing values? In real life is very improbable that I
have perfect paired variables.

thank you

Roman Kasal