st: ratio function

From   "Roman Kasal" <kasal@trexima.cz>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: ratio function
Date   Thu, 1 Apr 2010 13:58:20 +0200

dear Sir/Madam

How to come around command like this?

svy: mean(columnA)/mean(columnB)

I would like to estimate ratio of means and its standard error. How is
it possible with STATA?
It is strange that function "ratio" takes into account just pairs....but
why when "ratio" divides whole mean(columnA)/mean(columnB)? Why the
function ignores missing values? In real life is very improbable that I
have perfect paired variables.

thank you

Roman Kasal