st: RE: collapse with fweights

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: collapse with fweights
Date   Thu, 1 Apr 2010 11:27:31 +0100

This command would collapse to a single observation. Is that what you
really want?

Eric Sigurdson

I'm trying to collapse some very tall data, and I would like to
operate on two varlists with the command:

collapse (sum) vars1 (rawsum) vars2 [fw = fweight]

The manual states that the computation of `rawsum' should ignore the
specified weight, but I find that the sum  this command puts out does
not include any of the observations of vars2 for which fweight=0 ,
despite the (rawsum) specification. Is there any way to stop this
behavior, or perhaps some better way to approach processing the data
in this manner?