st: AW: load EXCEL to STATA

Subject   st: AW: load EXCEL to STATA
Date   Thu, 1 Apr 2010 09:11:52 +0200

<>

Stat/Transfer does have facilities to transfer each sheet separately. If you
want to run it from Stata, try Roger`s -ssc d stcmd-.

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von G. Dai
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 1. April 2010 05:17
An: [email protected]
Betreff: st: load EXCEL to STATA

hi all,
I have a very big data set which is consist of hundreds of  smaller
EXCEL table sheet.
Each EXCEL table sheet actually includes many county observations in one
state.

To read the EXCEL in my STATA, I need first OPEN the EXCEL file and then
SAVE it
as CSV form.  However, this easy task seems very time consuming since
hundreds of
such sheet need to be open and save!

So, is there any easy to read the EXCEL sheet without saving it into CSV
form?
Last, the EXCEL sheet actually includes a title and short description
notes at the
beginning of the sheet, which is very annoying.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Regards,
Guang