st: collapse with fweights

From   Eric Sigurdson <eric.sigurdson@colorado.edu>
Subject   st: collapse with fweights
Date   Wed, 31 Mar 2010 13:33:32 -0600

Hello all,

I'm trying to collapse some very tall data, and I would like to
operate on two varlists with the command:

collapse (sum) vars1 (rawsum) vars2 [fw = fweight]

The manual states that the computation of `rawsum' should ignore the
specified weight, but I find that the sum  this command puts out does
not include any of the observations of vars2 for which fweight=0 ,
despite the (rawsum) specification. Is there any way to stop this
behavior, or perhaps some better way to approach processing the data
in this manner?

Thanks for reading, any help is greatly appreciated.

Eric