st: glm "backed up"

From   Ashlie Delshad <>
Subject   st: glm "backed up"
Date   Wed, 31 Mar 2010 15:13:18 -0400

Hello everyone,

I am attempting to run a negative binomial model through the glm command so
that I can include HAC standard errors (these is not an option through the
nbreg command); however, whenever I run the model I keep getting output that
shows the iteration and loglikelihood and then in parentheses it says (backed
up) and it will not give me any output.  This happens when I run the negative
binomial model through the glm model with or without specifying HAC standard
errors - however, I can run the model (without HAC standard errors) through the
nbreg command without any problems. Any ideas on how I can get this to work
through glm?

Ashlie Delshad, Ph.D. Student
Purdue University
Department of Political Science