st: RE: RE: about qvf

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: RE: about qvf
Date   Wed, 31 Mar 2010 18:01:19 +0100

Correction: "either" is a typo for "ever" here.

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Nick Cox
Sent: 31 March 2010 17:56
Subject: st: RE: about qvf

My guess is that you are doing nothing wrong. -qvf- is a user-written
command, as a complete question would have made clear. I don't think
-qvf- is being maintained by its original authors and I don't think
there was either a claim that -qvf- matched -glm- detail for detail. In
short, it looks as if you want -qvf- to do something it does not

Arina Viseth

I am using glm to run a fractional logit regression: the command I am
using is, glm y x1 x2 x3, family(binomial) link(logit) robust. y is my
fractional dependant variable.
I would like to control for the possible endogeneity of one of my
regressor, x1, using qvf and instrumental variable t1. However when I
type qvf y x1 x2 x3 (t1 x2 x3), I have the message "y not 0/1 for
Bernoulli model".

May I please ask for your help/suggestion on what I am doing wrong here?