st: Re: Simultaneously accounting for clustering at two different levels with vce(cluster) option

From   Lily Yor <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: Simultaneously accounting for clustering at two different levels with vce(cluster) option
Date   Mon, 29 Mar 2010 01:03:16 -0700

Thank you so much, Misha and Padmakumar, for your suggestions to look
into Cameron et al's method of dealing with multi-way clustering and
Caskey's implementation of Cameron et al's method into Stata
programming.  But as Mark has pointed out (thank you so much for your
note on this, Mark), it will not work for my problem because my data
is (1) nested (classrooms nested in schools), and (2) number of
schools in my sample is too small (n=8).  After much research and
consideration, I have decided that the best way to deal with my
problem is to adjust the standard errors using the vce option to
account for clusteing at the classroom level (I have >1000 classrooms)
and just include 7 school dummies in the same models.  If something
else strikes you as a better solution, I would love to hear from you.
Thanks so much again, Lily