Re: st: list x matrix

Subject   Re: st: list x matrix
Date   Sun, 28 Mar 2010 16:11:40 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Sun, 28/3/10, richard boylan wrote:
> I saw the documentation for predictnl, and I can see how xb
> is an option after running an estimation.
>
> However, I did not understand how I could use it to compute
> xb without an estimation.

The point I made was that you almost never have to reinvent
that operation yourself, there are many tools inside Stata
that do it for you. Which tool is right for you depends on
your situation. I used -predictnl- as an example because it
is a common situation where one might be tempted to perform
that operation. If you tell us why you want to perform that
computation, we can tell you if there is such a tool
available that is appropriate for your situation.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen