st: list x matrix

From   richard boylan <>
Subject   st: list x matrix
Date   Sat, 27 Mar 2010 14:49:59 -0500

Very simple question, but I couldn't find the answer in the STATA documentation.

I have a list
local var "x1 x2 x3 ...."

and a 1 x n matrix (vector)

b = (b1 b2 b3 ..)

How do I compute the new variable

z = b1*x1 + b2*x2 + b3*x3  + ...

I mean I know how to do that by writing the sum, there just has to be
a better way of doing this.

Also, what it is the best place to figure out this stuff?