st: using svy estimation to control for the absence of regional variables?

From   "Achilleas Vassilopoulos" <axivas@yahoo.gr>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: using svy estimation to control for the absence of regional variables?
Date   Fri, 26 Mar 2010 23:06:44 +0200

Dear all,

I'm using the NHANES dataset and I want to get the predicted probability of
a probit model including the state or country of residence of the respondent
in the set of independent variables.
Since this information is held confidential in NHANES 2005-6, my question is
if anyone knows whether I get the desired results (or at least good
approximations), in the absence of such variables, when I use 'predict'
after a 'svy : probit' estimation?
Pseudo-PSU, Pseudo-strata and p-weights are available in the dataset.

Achilleas Vassilopoulos

Agricultural University of Athens,
Dept. of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development,
Lab. of Political Economy and European Integration
Iera Odos 75, 11855, Athens, Greece

Tel : (+30) 210-5294726
 Fax : (+30) 210-5294786
Email: avassilopoulos.aua@gmail.com