st: Plotting Relative Densities and Location and Shape effect

From   Juan Francisco Martinez Rojas <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Plotting Relative Densities and Location and Shape effect
Date   Thu, 25 Mar 2010 12:45:43 -0500

I have an industrial panel and these are the commands that I use to graph kernel densities
kdensity lprodrealn, nograph generate(x fx)
kdensity lprodrealn if year==1997, nograph generate(fx0) at(x)
kdensity lprodrealn if year==2006, nograph generate(fx1) at(x)
label var fx0 "1997"
label var fx1 "2006"
line fx0 fx1 x, sort ytitle(Density)

Now, I don't know how to graph the relative density (1997 as a reference period)
and also how to decompose it into location and shape effects. (I am a Stata 10 user)
Many thanks for the advice

Juan Martinez