Re: st: s(result) : "12"

From   Klaus Pforr <>
Subject   Re: st: s(result) : "12"
Date   Thu, 25 Mar 2010 14:12:51 +0100

it seems to be a small bug in the _tab.class.
Thanx anyway.

Kit Baum schrieb:
while examining how return works, I found that very often (always?)
estimation commands not only issue ereturn-results, as i expected, but
also a sreturn-result, namely (result) : "12". Does anybody why this is,
where it is stored, and what it is used for?

As -help sreturn- tells you, items in the sreturns are associated with programming commands that do parsing, etc. If you start up a fresh Stata session, sysuse auto, reg price mpg, sreturn list, you will find one item in the sreturn. Presumably this is a side effect of parsing the command. I would not worry about it.

                              An Introduction to Stata Programming  |

Klaus Pforr
Universität Mannheim
D - 68131 Mannheim