st: AW: Adding rows to datasheet

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: AW: Adding rows to datasheet
Date   Tue, 23 Mar 2010 14:59:00 +0100

<>

For a single row, you could also issue commands in the command window:

*************
input
232 453
end
*************

assuming you have two variables in your dataset. This will append them to
the end of your dataset w/o altering anything else...

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
[mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] Im Auftrag von Sripal Kumar
Gesendet: Dienstag, 23. März 2010 14:48
An: statalist
Betreff: st: Adding rows to datasheet

Hi,

This might seem like a no brainer to some of you.  I frequently run
into the trouble where I need to add rows to a previous stata
datasheet.  When I copy rows from excel and try to add to an existing
stata datasheet, it seem to wipe off the header and replace it with
the the newly added first row.  This happens even though I am adding
data to say the 20th row.  The newly inserted row will always replace
the header.  What am I doing wrong here?

To explain it a bit better:  My header in stata reads--no. of
patients, dead etc.  If I add an extra row from excel which has say
2345 and 2...this row deletes the header and the header will now read
as 2345 and 2 instead of no. of patients, dead.
thanks,
Sripal.