st: comparing groups with categorical variables

From   Ariel Orson <>
Subject   st: comparing groups with categorical variables
Date   Tue, 23 Mar 2010 00:36:48 -0400

Dear fellow listers,

How do I compare groups with categorical variables?
Say I have three groups: men, women and children. I have data on
whether their favorite choice of media is book, newspaper, TV or film.
How do I test whether their tastes are statistically different from
each other with Stata?

Thanks for your help,