st: RE: How do I impose the constraint that rho is a given number (eg 0.2) using biprobit?

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: RE: How do I impose the constraint that rho is a given number (eg 0.2) using biprobit?
Date   Sat, 20 Mar 2010 21:40:00 +0100

<>

Transfer the FAQ to your case:

*************
webuse school, clear
constraint define 1 [athrho]_cons=`=.5*log((1+.2)/(1-.2))'
biprobit private vote logptax loginc years, constr(1)
*************

HTH
Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
[mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of Claudia Berg
Sent: Samstag, 20. März 2010 19:57
To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject: st: How do I impose the constraint that rho is a given number (eg
0.2) using biprobit?

Hi,

I'm a newcomer to statalist and hoped you could help me.  I'm trying
to run a biprobit model with the constraint that rho (the correlation
between the errors of the two equations) is fixed at a given value,
say 0.2.  I found instructions online how to set rho to zero using
heckman (see http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/stat/constraints.html)
but am unclear how to modify it to fix rho at another value.

Thank you!

Claudia