Re: st: tabulate, summarize() for svy data

Subject   Re: st: tabulate, summarize() for svy data
Date   Fri, 19 Mar 2010 13:12:05 -0400

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 12:30 PM, Ricardo Ovaldia <ovaldia@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Just to clarify. You multiplied the variance of the mean by the sample size of the population, to get the Standard Deviation and not the Standard error, correct?
YES

> If yes, do I compute the lower limit for the 95% CI using the SE as:
> local ll= el(mm,1,`i') - sqrt(el(VV,`i',`i'))*invttail(e(df_r),(5)/200)
> assuming a t-distribution?
NO

In general, e(V_srssubpop) has nothing to do with the standard errors
for survey data. (It only shows up in the computation of design
effects) To reproduce the  confidence intervals shown by -svy: mean-,
use e(V).

Steve