st: Long run causality after VEC?

From   "kknight09" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Long run causality after VEC?
Date   Fri, 19 Mar 2010 10:36:16 +0400

Dear all

I am conducting a causal relationship between variables.
I have generated my VEC and did my short run causality test using the -test- command (Wald Test).
Furthermore, I did a normal regression and predicted my residual.
Following this, I ran a regression of my differenced variables along with the lags of residual to get my ECM term.

My questions are:
-Do the beta estimates in the VEC represent the long run relationship of my variables towards my dependent variable? -I understand the ECM term represents the speed of adjustment. But does it convey long run causality? -I also understand that just like short run causality, each variable should have a Chi(2) and p-value conveying the long run causality. But I cannot find how to do that in Stata...Is it possible to do that? What are the commands?

I will be very grateful for your help...
Thanking you in anticipation...