st: xtregar in STATA vs. proc mixed in SAS

From   "Ma, Yu-Luen" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: xtregar in STATA vs. proc mixed in SAS
Date   Thu, 18 Mar 2010 14:52:06 -0500

I estimated fixed effect models with AR(1) error strcture using both
STATA and SAS but received significantly different results. Below are
the programs that I used in each:

tsset id time
xtregar y x1 x2, fe

Proc mixed method=reml data=xxx;
class id time;
model y = id x1 x2 /s;
repeated/type=ar(1) subject=id ;

Shouldn't I expect similar (if not identical) results from both
software? Am I missing something? Thanks.