st: Re: Post-Hoc test for Kruskal Wallis

From   "Joseph Coveney" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Re: Post-Hoc test for Kruskal Wallis
Date   Tue, 16 Mar 2010 20:52:52 +0900

Ricardo Ovaldia wrote:

Is there a Post-Hoc test for Kruskal Wallis in Stata?
Something like the one proposed by Sokal and Rohlf (1995).

I'm not sure whether it's the same test that you're referring to, but last
summer I had an occasion to program the Dwass, Steel, Critchlow-Fligner test.  I
used M. Hollander & D. A. Wolfe, _Nonparametric Statistical Methods_ Second
Edition. (New York: John Wiley & Sons, 1999) pp. 240--44 as the source for the
formula and for the worked example to verify the ado file's output.

It's not difficult to program, but I'll put it up on SSC once I write a help
file.  You'll need to install John Gleason's -qsturng- from SSC in order to get
the reference distribution for the test statistic (Studentized range) if you
want to avoid manual look-up.

Joseph Coveney