st: RE: correcting skewness of an indep variable

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: RE: correcting skewness of an indep variable
Date   Mon, 15 Mar 2010 17:06:02 +0100

<>

-set trace on- and see where Stata gets stuck...

HTH
Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu [mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of Fabio Zona
Sent: Montag, 15. März 2010 17:01
To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject: st: correcting skewness of an indep variable

Hi statalists!

When does one need to correct the skewness of an independent variable? I have a logit regression and my indep variable is strongly skewed; do I need to correct this (by using lnskew0 )??

I tried to correct my variable, but Stata gave this error message (see below); what does it mean? why it gave this message?

lnskew0 lnindepvar =  indepvar
invalid matrix stripe;
.z_
r(198);