RE: st: graph: how to draw 45 degree reference line

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   RE: st: graph: how to draw 45 degree reference line
Date   Sun, 14 Mar 2010 18:58:43 -0000

I wouldn't support this advice, but because then you would have (to
remember) to delete the extra observation too. If you did want to extend
the line beyond the range, as is quite reasonable, then -twoway
function- is indeed the better solution.

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

Martin Weiss

If ever you did want to extend the range with Nick`s solution, e.g. to
include the origin:

*************
sysuse auto, clear

set obs 75
replace price = 0 in 75

tw scatter weight price ||  /*
*/ line price price, sort

Airey, David C

Ah, there's a good tip, and it avoids having to set the range with
function
y=x. Thank you.

Nick Cox

> Plotting a variable against itself is also sufficient.
>
> tw scatter weight price || line price price, sort

Philipp Rehm