st: RE: RE: RE: how can I pass a parameter to gengammareg

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: RE: RE: how can I pass a parameter to gengammareg
Date   Sun, 14 Mar 2010 18:25:54 -0000

This post appears to be saying that you are puzzled that a program
-wsim-, which you do not explain, sometimes does not work in the way you

-wsim- I imagine to be a program of your own, as -findit- turns up no

Just about the only diagnosis possible is that -wsim- must contain one
or more bugs. Using -set trace- might help you in debugging.

As I explained to you on 8 March, running a program "manually" --
meaning it seems typing input values on the command line -- is itself of
no consequence. All a Stata program knows is what is supplied to it from
outside. It does not know quite what supplied those values, another
program or a user typing -- unless you called it in such a way that you
made explicit via an option that its arguments came from a command line,
but in that case you would not be asking this question.

To get better advice, you may need to provide much more information.

Matteo Richiardi

your reply is very informative. I do not understand, however, while if I
the program manually, say by typing

wsim .01
return list

I get the correct scalar 'diff', that is the estimated coefficient minus