Re: st: Re: Zero-inflated Negative Binomial models for Panel data

From   "E. Paul Wileyto" <>
Subject   Re: st: Re: Zero-inflated Negative Binomial models for Panel data
Date   Thu, 11 Mar 2010 17:59:38 -0500

You might want to look at:

Dobbie, M.J. & Welsh, A.H. (2001) Modelling Correlated Zero-Inflated Count Data. Australian & New Zealand Journal of Statistics, 43, 431-444.

There are two different ways of modeling zi panel data. One uses a latent class structure, and the other an observed class, with truncated Poisson or Negative binomial. These authors chose the latter as more tractable for GEE type modeling.

mmamiti wrote:
No, it doesn't.  I settled on using zinb with vce(cluster).  I also ran
xtlogit, pa (on the zero/nonzero component) and xtnbreg, pa (on the count
component) for comparison.

Jabr, Wael M wrote:
Does Stata support Zero-inflated Negative Binomial models for Panel data? I have researched some of the documentations but couldn't find a reference
to that.

*   For searches and help try:

E. Paul Wileyto, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Biostatistics