st: problems convering maximum likelihood in Stata 11

From   Jon Schwabish <>
Subject   st: problems convering maximum likelihood in Stata 11
Date   Thu, 11 Mar 2010 11:24:48 -0800 (PST)

In running a simple logit model (albeit on a very big data set) in Stata 11, my likelihood function won't converge; in running the same model on the same data set in Stata 10, the function converges in about 5 iterations.

Is there something inherently different in Stata 11 about the likelihood process? I have tried adding all sorts of options in Stata 11 (nrtolerance, difficult, etc) all to little effect.