Re: st: BCa bootstrap CIs: must I jackknife the entire sample?

From   krusty the klown <alessandrobarbiero@libero.it>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: BCa bootstrap CIs: must I jackknife the entire sample?
Date   Mon, 8 Mar 2010 07:34:20 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
I think that before applying (BCa) bootstrap you should check if for your
statistic's variance there are some asymptotic results: indeed, 50000 is too
large for applying the jackknife procedure, which gives you the acceleration
term, and perhaps is also too large to draw bootstrap samples!:rules:
Good luck!
KTK