st: Re: Specify initial values in Panel-Probit

From   Cinzia Rienzo <C.Rienzo@rhul.ac.uk>
To   Cinzia Rienzo <C.Rienzo@rhul.ac.uk>
Subject   st: Re: Specify initial values in Panel-Probit
Date   Mon, 8 Mar 2010 10:16:32 +0000 (GMT)

In case it might be useful to others in future: I think the problem was
due to duplicates id year in the dataset.

Best,

Cinzia Rienzo wrote:

>Dear Statalists,
>
>I am performing a probit model for large unbalanced panel data and I
>have the recurrent problem:
>initial values not feasible.
>
>In the past other questions have been posted mainly about frontier and
>xtpmg. Following the suggestions I tried to solve the problem but I am
>not sure how to specify the initial values. I did few attempts but it
>did help me out.
>
>My command looks like the following:
>xi: xtprobit y i.sex age x  school i.educ i.firmsize exper tenure
>i.year,re
>
>I appreciate any helps.
>
>Best regards,
>

>------