st: Conditional matching of observations

From   Nathan Hutto <>
Subject   st: Conditional matching of observations
Date   Wed, 3 Mar 2010 18:08:24 -0500

Hi all,

I have a large population data set. I want to match people who have
received child support payments (0/1) to a person who could have
theoretically paid them child support. I want to match on sex, race,
and age only. For each person who receives child support, I want to
match to someone of the opposite sex and same race. If the person
receiving is a female, her match should be 3 years older. If the
person receiving the match is a male, his match should be 3 years
younger. I have no idea how to go about do this after searching high
and low for an appropriate method. Any help would be much appreciated.