st: RE: xtlogit, xtgee and matsize

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: RE: xtlogit, xtgee and matsize
Date   Wed, 3 Mar 2010 18:28:32 -0000

You need a bigger Stata, or to program your own version of -xtlogit-
without using Stata's matrices. Getting the first is more money but much
less work.

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

Nikolaos Pandis

I would like to ask the following:

I have a dataset of around 20000 observations with clustered data.

I am running the xtlogit [. xtlogit outcome arm,i(cluster) or nolog re]
command with the re options and runs fine. However, if I try to run the
same command with -pa- option or by using the corresponding -xtgee-
command I get the following  error message:

"matsize too small -- must be able to set matsize to at least 1380"

I use the IC version and I can only go up to matsize 800. Is there an
easy way around this problem?