st: graph use and directory paths

From   "Isabelle Deltour" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: graph use and directory paths
Date   Wed, 3 Mar 2010 14:59:50 +0100

Dear Stata-listers,

I have noted that the graph use command behaves in a way I cannot
understand: if I double click on the file, then the file is reported not
found. If, however, I change directory first, and then graph use the
file, it works. (I am using Stata 9 for Windows if that is relevant).
Example below:

. graph use
gph not found

. cd  \\\EPI\EPI-Brugere\deltour\MiscSupport\GraphR\

. graph use GraphPFOS.gph
(graph shows up).

Have others noticed this? I cannot figure out why this is so: is there
an explanation for this? (sometimes the path of the graph is included in
"", with no apparent improvement). Is this a known behavior that has
been amended in more recent releases?

Thanks for your ideas.

Isabelle Deltour