st: Missing data analysis

From   Rosie Chen <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Missing data analysis
Date   Sun, 28 Feb 2010 12:31:19 -0800 (PST)

Hi, dear listserv members,

   I have a question that is not specifically related to Stata, but would like to have a try in here:

   In most studies, we have to delete cases that have missing values on the outcome variable. The issue is whether the deleted cases are significantly different from the final sample we use, because of the potential sample selection bias problem.  My question is: do we often compare the deleted cases with the final raw sample without missing data imputation or with the final sample with missing cases imputed? Any suggestions are appreciated very much,

  Rosie