RE: st: Repeated time values within panel in levpet STATA output

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   RE: st: Repeated time values within panel in levpet STATA output
Date   Sun, 28 Feb 2010 18:46:20 -0000

Steve is right to raise this, but I don't think Worku would've got as
far as reported if this had bitten. And the error message would have
been different in any case.

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

sjsamuels@gmail.com

I don't know if this is the cause of your problem, but the syntax
which made it to the list in incorrect.  There should no spaces
between options and values: e.g. "proxy(lnpower)", not "proxy
(lnpower)".

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 3:09 AM, Worku Gebeyehu <workugeb@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> I am a PhD student doing my research on TFP of a panel of firms for
the period 1996 to 2007 and the total number of observations are 8395. I
have been trying to excute the following levpet command.
> levpet lny , free(lnl2 lnirm lnlrm) proxy (lnpower) capital (lnk)
revenue justid grid i (eid) t (yr) reps (50)

> However, I have been facing a problem of 'repeated time values within
panel'