Re: st: Why my codes run well on version 9.1 but not on version 10

From   Richard Williams <Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.edu>
To   "statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu" <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>, "statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu" <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   Re: st: Why my codes run well on version 9.1 but not on version 10
Date   Thu, 25 Feb 2010 09:13:08 -0500

At 07:38 AM 2/25/2010, Quang Nguyen wrote:
Dear all:

We have a small program which run well on Stata version 9.1. However,
when we run it on Stata/SE 10, there is a message like " recode only
runs with numeric variable". We check and find that Stata just
automatically drop some variables in the in-between steps. This
happens as we run the program as a whole. If we run the program comand
by comand it works well. Do you know wht amight cause this, and what
is the solution.

It might help to see the code. Barring that, it may or may not help to start your program with

version 9.1

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu