st: Question on spmap and region aggregation

From   <Stefan.Gawrich@hlpug.hessen.de>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: Question on spmap and region aggregation
Date   Thu, 25 Feb 2010 14:05:20 +0100

> Is it possible to get a map only with the districts?
that the coordinates file includes the coordinates
for the municipalities (i.e. at a more disaggregated level than districts).

District shapefiles should be available for many countries,
perhaps even for free.
They can be converted via shp2dta.

Otherwise I see no direct way to tell which parts
of municipality polygons belong to district borders.

District borders may be "irregular" (holes, islands).
Also coordinates of municipalities might not be exact
so analysis of the polygon net might be difficult.

It's not impossible but I don't see a quick solution for this

Stefan Gawrich