Re: st: GAM in survey commands

From   Stas Kolenikov <>
Subject   Re: st: GAM in survey commands
Date   Wed, 24 Feb 2010 09:28:02 -0600

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 6:56 AM, Priscilla Martinez <> wrote:

> I'm working on a complex survey sample and want to confirm that running a
> generalized additive model is not feasible with survey commands? I've done
> numerous searches and it seems so, but I want to make sure I'm not missing
> something.

Depends on how you approach it. If you are using a 10-year old -gam- command
by Patrick Royston, then the answer is no. If you produce your own basis
functions and plug them into -regress- or -glm-, then of course that works
fine with -svy- prefix.

Stas Kolenikov, also found at