Re: AW: st: RE: AW: Re:

From   GORLE Steven <steven.gorle@telenet.be>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu, aschaich@smail.uni-koeln.de
Subject   Re: AW: st: RE: AW: Re:
Date   Wed, 24 Feb 2010 14:27:42 +0100

Dear,

You can allocate more memory to Stata. The max memory that you can allocate will depend on the RAM available on your machine. Of course, you also need a min of RAM for windows otherwise it will start increasing the paging file.
In Linux this is less problematic.

**
eg.
********
set memory 1500m
********
**

see FAQ

http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/data/setmemory.html

The new Stata MP version will use the power of multiple cores in a more efficient way.

Kind regards,

Steven Gorlé